Post-Series B stage (raised over $30M from leading VC funds (DFJ, Social Capital, True Ventures).
Disrupting a 1T dollar health insurance market
Crucial role for the next stage of growth.
Are you ready to join a lean start-up aiming to disrupt the 1 trillion dollar health insurance ecosystem? We're bringing together an amazing team of data scientists, benefits gurus, and tech rockstars with the drive to deliver a superior benefits experience to our clients.
Healthcare is the second largest operational expense after payroll (roughly $1M for every 100 employees). However, the due diligence is almost non-existent and companies are blindly trusting their brokers who have misaligned financial incentives. That, as well as a poor healthcare consumer experience frustrated Lumity founders Tariq and Senthil and they decided to do something about it.
Fast forward to today, and we’ve already changed how some of the fastest-growing companies in the US (Guardant Health, Robinhood, Netskope..) deliver benefits to thousands of employees. Lumity combines technology, benefits expertise, and white-glove services to deliver Google/Facebook type of benefits experience to medium-sized businesses in the US.
We’ve also been hard at work building new products. After a lot of initial experimentation, we are looking to build a Go-To-Market team to bring these products to more employers and employees in the US. And that’s where you come in.
Over the last 10-15 years, HR industry has changed, technologies have been developed, but traditional brokers are stuck in the 90s. We believe that a modern benefits advisor needs to be an expert in HR technologies, day-to-day HR workflows, and use innovative products to help both companies and employees make good healthcare decisions.
As a Growth Representative at Lumity:
You will be the first introduction to Lumity for many leading HR and Finance professionals in the fastest growing US companies. You will gain exceptional first-hand experience positioning and selling a benefits solution that uses data to optimize health plans and benefits. You’ll build relationships and trust with the buyers so that they turn to you for advice when they need to.
If you are a passionate self-starter interested in building your career in tech marketing/sales/consulting, we’d love to hear from you.
Role and Responsibility:
- Build an intimate understanding of Lumity’s solution and its place in the industry
- Engage in strategic, consultative outreach to setup initial meetings with HR and Finance for our consultants
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to nurture prospect relationships over time
- Collaborate with marketing, operations, benefits consulting, and product teams to run events / dinners / workshops for your target market
- Directly contribute to Lumity's bottom line and drive the company's growth.
Skills & Attributes:
- Insatiable curiosity: you understand you can always become better.
- Proven ability to learn fast: we’re tackling a highly-complex 1T industry with lots of moving parts.
- Strong written communication skills: you know how to be concise and persuasive. We prefer you craft compelling messages rather than “smile and dial”.
- Strong desire to excel: you look for challenges and solve them.
- Getting things done attitude: you understand that ideas are worthless without action.
- Positivity: changing an old-school industry is HARD - we need to stay positive during hard times.
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Startup experience a huge plus
- Experience with sales automation tools (SalesLoft, Outreach), prospecting tools (Sales Navigator), and CRM strongly preferred.
- Prior consulting experience in technology or professional services a bonus but not required
OTE Commission and Bonus structure commensurate with performance.
Your first 90 days:
In the first 30 days, you’ll start grasping the ins and outs of the complex employer-sponsored healthcare system in the US, and have a good sense of what it takes to succeed at Lumity.
In the first 60 days, you’ll know more about HR and Finance professionals than you thought was possible, will be using sales and marketing tools inside-out, and will have built up some prospecting skills.
In the first 90 days you will already be running engagement strategies against some of the best-known technology companies in the US and making an impact.
Your application was submitted successfully.